Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bloody Blue Screens and Bad-Ass Blogs


Well, crap.

When trying to scan the pics from Dr Sketchy's on Thursday, my work rig blue-screen'd on me. I've had it happen every once in a while so this doesn't bode particularly well.

Good news is that a friend of a friend is brilliant with building computers. Plan on talking to him when upgrading my systems so that I can customize it to what I'm going to need; High processor speed, lots of ram, high end graphics card are what I'm thinking. Going to talk to some people to get suggestions.

So, since there's no dawing from Dr Sketchy's for the moment, here's cool stuff from the wilds of the Internet.
  • Gurney Journey, the blog of Dinotopia creator James Gurney. Fantastic for picking through the mind of a fantastic "Imaginative Realist".
  • Newman's Art Blog, "naughty art, filthy fairytales and other perverted nonsense" by Ben Newman. NSFW at times, so be warned.
  • Indistinguishable From Magic, by Aaron Diaz; the artist and author of Dresden Codak, which is an amazing comic which if you haven't heard of, for shame. If you haven't read it you should go do so, now. No seriously, go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment